“I don’t want a tomato picked by a Mexican. I want it picked by an American, then sliced by a Guatemalan, and served by a Venezuelan, in a spa where a Chilean gives me a Brazilian.” — Stephen Colbert testifying before Congress
“To die is nothing; but it is terrible not to live.” — Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
Why I Love Butters
- Goth Kid: I guess you can join up with us if you want.
- Goth Kid 2: Yeah. We're gonna go to the graveyard and write poems about death and how pointless life is.
- Butters: Uh, uhm no thanks. I love life.
- Stan: Huh? But you just got dumped.
- Butters: Well yeah, and I'm sad, but at the same time I'm really happy that something could make me feel that sad. It's like, it makes me feel alive, you know? It makes me feel human. And the only way I could feel this sad now is if I felt somethin' really good before. So I have to take the bad with the good, so I guess what I'm feelin' is like a, beautiful sadness. I guess that sounds stupid.
- Goth Kid 2: Yeah.
- Stan: No. No, Butters, that doesn't sound stupid at all.
- Butters: Well, thanks for offering to let me in your clique, guys, but, to be honest, I'd rather be a crying little pussy than a faggy Goth kid.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars, and in the middle, you see the blue center-light pop, and everybody goes ahh…” —Jack Kerouac, On the Road
“We’re all a little weird & when we find those people whose weirdness is compatible we join up with them & fall into a mutually satisfying weirdness & call them our best friends.” — Cory, Boy Meets World.
Not Telling You How I Felt
My biggest regret ever is not telling you how I felt about you when I had the perfect opportunity. I’m still sitting here 12 months later thinking about you, and what I could of done to make us be together. I miss you.
“The unreal is more powerful than the real. Nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. Because it’s only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, and fantasies that last. Stone crumbles. Wood rots. People, well, they die. But things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend - they can go on and on.” — Chuck Palahniuk